Starbucks gives back to West Harlem & Morningside Heights
Starbucks Celebrates Global Month of Service events in West Harlem & Morningside Heights on Saturday April 23, 9AM-3PM. The event will kick-off at PS 180 Hugo Newman College Preparatory School, 370 West 120 Street.
This spring, Starbucks is making a bold commitment and inviting New Yorkers to make a difference in their own backyard as part of Starbucks Global Month of Service, a tribute to 40 years of the company’s ongoing commitment to community.
Along with HandsOn Network and New York Cares, Starbucks has invited their Partners (employees) and customers to join together for positive change in the communities where they live and work, through various volunteer opportunities in Morningside Heights and West Harlem, including:
- Planting and beautifying Morningside Park
- Revitalizing school grounds at PS 180 Hugo Newman College Preparatory School
- Packing kits and creating cards at Harlem Children’s Zone
- Installing a student mural with the Abbsinian Development Corporation’s (ADC) Youth Build
- Revitalizing the transitional family center Abby’s House
- Hosting a social gathering for seniors at the ADC’s Abyssinian Tower
The service activities will culminate with a celebration to recognize volunteers and honor the day’s achievements. For information on activities or to see how you can get involved, please visit Starbucks.com/CommunityService.